Admission to Graduate Programs of China Agricultural University
China Agricultural University now offers 144 Master and 95 Doctoral programs to international students. Master's programs are completed in 2 or 3 years, and Doctoral programs 3 or 4 years. Certificates of degrees and graduation will be awarded to those who have completed the entire course work and passing thesis/dissertation defense. For details of specific majors offered, please refer to the lists of Masters majors and PhD majors. The university now offers English-taught programs.
2. Qualification of Applicants
1) Non-Chinese citizens who do not have Chinese nationality under the Nationality Law of the People's Republic of China and hold a valid ordinary passport;
2) Physically and mentally healthy, meet the physical examination requirements for Chinese Visa or Residence Permit applicants in China and the physical examination requirements of the major to study in CAU to ensure normal study and life in China;
3) Have no violation of disciplines, no records of public security punishment or of criminal conduct;
4) Be friendly to China and behave well; comply with Chinese laws and university regulations, and respect Chinese customs and manners;
5) Applicants for Masters degrees should hold a qualification which is equivalent (or above) to a Bachelors degree from a Chinese university and the applicants must be under the age of 35. Applicants for Doctoral programs degrees should hold a qualification which is equivalent (or above) to a Masters degree from a Chinese university and the applicants must be under the age of 40;
6) Have a bachelor's or masters' degree taught in English, or TOEFL (iBT) score of 90 points at least, or IELTS score at least 6.0.
3. Application Materials
1) The completed APPLICATION FORM FOR FOREIGNER WISHING TO STUDY AT CAU (on completion of the online application form it must be downloaded and printed. Please stick the photo and ensure that the application form is signed by the applicant);
2) One Photocopy of applicant's passport (the date of expiration should be later than Oct, 2023);
3) Visa information (only required for students in China);
4) Notarized final degree certificate or pre-graduation certificate;
*Applicants who will graduate must submit Expectation Certificate of Graduation. After admitted by the University, the documents must be submitted when register in CAU. Otherwise the admission will be canceled.
5) Official undergraduate transcripts,original and duplicated; If it is neither Chinese nor English, notarized Chinese or English version should be provided;
6) Pre-admission notice (issued by the college applicants apply after passing the evaluation of applicants' academic background by online interview);
7) Certification of English proficiency;
8) No criminal report ( issued by the public security department);
9) Recommendation letters from two associate professors or scholars with higher academic titles. There is no specified format for the recommendation letters and all letters must be signed by the referee ;
10) Study plan in English or Chinese (no less than 1000 words);
11) Study/Work experience (updated to application date);
12) Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners;
(available at http://www.csc.edu.cn/uploads/forms/foreinphy.pdf);
13) Please submit any published academic papers, patents, or other academic achievements (originals or copies).
*All documents should be written in Chinese or English
*Application materials and registration fee will not be returned to applicants
4. Application Procedure
The deadline for submitting the Application, together with other application materials to Office of International Relations, China Agricultural University, is Feb.28th, 2023 (Apply on http://apply.cau.edu.cn).
5. Application Deadline
The deadline for the 2023 application is Feb.28th, 2023. The university will process application after the deadline.
*If you apply the scholarship, the application deadline is the deadline of scholarship application deadline.
6. Review and Examination
The admission committee will review the application materials and select applicants for further examinations and interviews which are requested by colleges/departments. The applicants will be informed one or two weeks before the examinations or interviews.
7. Inquiry and Admission Notice
The applicants will be admitted after they pass the examinations or interviews. Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201/202 Form), and Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners will be issued in early July each year. Prior to this, the applicants may check for admission status via on the website of Office of International Relations, CAU.
8. Visa Application and Admission Registration
The admitted applicants should bring their Passport, Admission Notice, Visa Application Form (JW201/202), and Original copy of Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners as well as other original documents of physical examination to the Embassy or Consulate of the People's Republic of China, and apply for a student visa (X1 visa). In autumn every year, the students shall come to International Office, China Agricultural University with the documents for admission registration before the deadline indicated on the Admission Notice. The X1 visa holders must apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days after arrival in China.
9. Cost (in CNY)
Application Fee (Non-refundable): CNY 400
Tuition Fee (Per Year):
Master's Programs: CNY 26,000
Doctoral Programs: CNY 30,000
Insurance (Per Year): CNY 800
10. Contact Information
International Office , China Agricultural University
Address: Room 412 Main Building No.17 Qinghua Donglu, Haidian District, Beijing 100083 P.R. China
Tel: 0086-010-6273 6402
Fax: 0086-010-6273 7704
Majors of Enrollment
Chinese Government Scholarship--Graduation Program
China Agricultural University (CAU) warmly welcome international students apply for Chinese Government Scholarship and study at CAU.
1. Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarships
-Master's Degree Students: 2/3 academic years
-Doctoral Degree Students: 3/4 academic years
The instruction language is English. (Please see Attachment 1 for available majors).
2. Criteria and Eligibility
To be eligible, applicants must:
-be a citizen of a country other than the People's Republic of China, and be in good health mentally and physically, abide by Chinese laws and regulations as well as campus rules and regulations, and respect Chinese customs.
-GPA above 3.0;
-Last diploma obtained from a institution with well academic reputation;
-Applicant has relatively strong academic background in the field he/she intends to apply;
-be a bachelor's degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master's degree programs;
-be a master's degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral degree programs;
-have a bachelor's degree taught in English, or TOEFL (iBT) score of 90 points at least, or IELTS score at least 6.0.
1) Scholarship Coverage
This is a full scholarship which covers
Note: International travel expenses: self-afforded.
If you want to know more detail of the scholarship, please visit the website at: http://www.campuschina.org/.
2) Application Procedure
Firstly, register and submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register and register to fill in and print the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship after submitting it online. Please submit the form again if you made any changes on it. (Program Type: B, CAU Agency No.: 10019) ;
Next, register and submit your online application at China Agricultural University Online Application System for International Students at?http://apply.cau.edu.cn.
Applicants should apply and upload following required materials to both CSC and CAU application system before Feb 28th.
Applicants check the application process and the result through the account in CSC or CAU application system (Phone inquiries are not accepted).
You can check Application Documents for detailed checklist.
3) Application Materials (Please prepare as the list below. Electronic or fax copies are not accepted or returned. All the materials as well as application fee will not be returned.)
lApplication Form for Chinese Government Scholarship;
lTwo recommendation letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English;
lPersonal statements in English or Chinese (no less than 1000 words);
lNotarized highest diploma(degree certificate) and transcripts(the original and copy of each one, issued directly by your school/university or public notary office with an official stamp). Prospective diploma recipients should submit an official pre-graduation certificate, transcript and on-school performance certificate issued by your current school, the pre-graduation certificate should prove not only your current student status, but also the expected degree certificate and graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English should attach notarized Chinese or English translations. (Bachelor Degree is required for Master programs and Master Degree is required for Doctoral programs);
*Applicants who have ever worked , need to submit the original working certificate.
lValid English level certificate for English-medium program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS);
lStudy/Work experience (updated to application date);
lScanned copy of valid ordinary passport (personal information page, validity of passport should be at least one year );
lPhotocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (available at?http://www.campuschina.org/);?(provided by Chinese quarantine authority. Applicants are expected to keep the original copies to apply entry to China) filled in English or Chinese. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
lPublished academic papers or other academic achievements (if applicable);
lAcceptance letter from the professor of China Agricultural University (if available);
lNo criminal report ( issued by the public security department);
lVisa information (only required for students in China).
3. Admission and Enrollment
1) China Agricultural University (CAU) will organize professional experts to review materials of applicants, which will be reported to the Chinese Government Scholarships Council(CSC) for approval. CAU will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form (JW201) to successful applicants then.
2) Accepted Students must register on time according to CAU's requirements. Those who are not on time with no reasons will be canceled of CSC Scholarship as well as admission of CAU.
3) Those who have unqualified Physical Examination or criminal evaluation will be canceled of CSC Scholarship as well as admission of CAU.
4) The Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, major, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the scholarship.
5) According to the regulations from CSC, scholarship students will take annual evaluation organized by the host University. Those who pass the evaluation could have the opportunity for next year's scholarship.